Tuesday, January 17, 2012

San Francisco Trifecta

Three of my favorite things collided when I saw this post on the super fun blog, Hooked on Houses the other day.  What are three of my favorite things, you might ask?  In no particular order, they are...

Words with Friends.  San Francisco.  One King's Lane.

They all came together when I found this gorgeous listing of The City's  uber-power couple Mark and Alison Pincus' Presidio Heights home.  It went on the market last month right before Mark's online gaming company, Zynga, went public.  If you are not familiar with Zynga (Words with Friends, Farmville, etc.) than maybe you are familiar with One King's Lane, the incredibly successful online home decor site that was founded by Alison in 2009.  If you're not familiar with either one of these, well, I can't help you out.  Google them.
This 4,000 square foot home (on a 4,199 sq. ft. lot no less- can you say, "San Francisco??") is absolutely stunning, gorgeous, happy, and oh so bright and spectacular.  I can just see myself curled up on the sofa off the sunny yellow kitchen playing Words with Friends.  Can't you?  
It's in my favorite neighborhood of The City, Presidio Heights, and sits on a tiny, tree lined block that backs up to The Presidio.  Within walking distance to great shops, world class restaurants, beautiful parks, and schools (private, of course), this little dream could be yours for a cool $8.95 million.  
Doesn't that equate to about $447 per square foot?  
Kind of a deal if you consider that it's never even been lived in.  The family (they have twin daughters) apparently never took up residence due to a little stalker issue that forced them into their much smaller home across town in Cole Valley, which is also on the market.  I wonder where last month's Zynga IPO (no matter how luke warm it turned out to be) has the family moving next?  It hasn't been revealed publicly but I know I can't wait to get a glimpse once Alison gets her hands on it!  
Check out her impeccable taste in the Presidio Heights home below...

Gorgeous inside and out...this is the view from the back courtyard

I think this is my favorite room in the house.  I LOVE the shocking green lacquer paint- what an entrance!

I could find a lot of inspiration in this sunny kitchen and can see my three boys sitting on those cool counter stools

That's my Words with Friends couch...

I love all the color.  And the view ain't so bed either...

When you need a break from all the color, here's your room

The light is incredible

Once again, a lacquer love affair

The entrance- two balconies and a double garage.  Two San Francisco rarities.
What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment