Monday, October 24, 2011

Lunch with a Friend

My good friend has four children, a busy life (obviously!!), a traveling (and darling) husband, loads of ideas, a creative soul, a love for cooking, and a way of making her friends feel special.  
We are all busy. And tired. We are all being eaten alive by mountains of laundry and small children and sometimes the only thing we can do for a moment of solace is to bury ourselves under the sheets or as I find, the mountains of laundry that are piled so high in my basement.  They never think to look THERE...


But today I got such a lovely spoonful of solace.  My friend invited me into her kitchen for two solid, savory hours of friendship.  It was beautiful.  Comfortable.  And super tasty.  Dang, the woman has four kids and is writing a memoir and she is making me homemade soup- all served with placemats and cloth napkins!!!   Delicious, warm, soulful, and thoroughly lovely.  Just like my friend.  Thank you for lunch, your generosity of spirit, your somewhat shy Cheshire cat grin when you know you want to comment on something dishy (no pun intended) but never will, and for your incredibly solid take on the world around you.  You inspire me on so many levels.  Thank you for having me in your kitchen today- you are truly delish.


No comments:

Post a Comment