Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's My Birthday. Almost.

We're less than a week away, people.  40.  The big FOUR OHHH.  Halfway to 80, 20 away from 20.  You follow me?  "The back nine", as my brother-in-law likes to say.  Why does it all sound so ominous, and so, old?  Well, I'm here to tell you it's not.  40 really is the new 40, if you know what I mean.  Own it.  I intend to.

I love my birthday.  In fact, for me it's never just a day, it's more like a week.  And so mine began yesterday.  I got my first gift- a Clarisonic.  It rocks, but is it a hint?  I am forgoing Botox for this new little device that has already changed my skin.  If you don't have one, I suggest you go find one.  Even if you aren't 40.

I got my first card today from my sweet Mother-in-Law who is always on it with the cards.  Touching, meaningful words and blessings.  She rocks.

We are going out for a swanky family lunch at Meritage in St. Paul and I am considering it part of the celebration.  Why not??

I bought some new shoes at Ladyslipper today that I am going to wear to my party Saturday, which by the way, in case you hadn't noticed I am very excited for.  An incredible weekend blowout with all my favorite people from near and far and we are going to spa, relax, eat, drink, laugh, dance, and party until we can't anymore. 

Happy (almost) 40th Birthday to me!  I can't wait!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment