Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Somebody That I Used to Know..."



If you haven't seen this video from Walk Off the Earth, the Canadian, YouTube viral sensation (almost 36 million hits this month alone!) you must watch right here, right now.  There are kind of no words to describe it.  Just watch it- a few times, and then maybe a few more.  Make sure you get past the first 1.5 minutes to hear the haunting voice of Sarah Blackwood.  This collection of musicians is clearly talented, imaginative, inventive, and there is just some super crazy symbiotic sound they produce that transcends all conventional music.  Even if the song is a cover of Gotye's hit (FYI, he's coming to the Varsity Theater on April 4th, but unfortunately it's already sold out) I think they made it their own by mastering the solo guitar with ten hands on it.  Weird.  But it works.  Really, really well.  I see raw, eager talent, humor, commitment, and soul when I watch these guys.  I love it.  I showed it to my music loving eldest son and he was instantly mesmerized by their hypnotic, almost haunting melody.  Now check it out and let me know what you think.  Click here to watch the video...enjoy.  You will be singing- I guarantee it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment