Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Santa...

All I want for Christmas is a mudroom.  
It's that simple.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, like this is more important than world peace, a stable economy or marriage equality, but this is kind of a big deal.  It's only snowed once so far this season and I am already tired of the winter crap and clutter that collects on my kitchen floor from every neighborhood child dressed head to toe in Gortex and Kamik boots.  They are wet.  They are dirty, and now Santa, these "children" are getting old enough that they are sweating underneath all that Gortex and starting to stink.  It's a disaster.  I need a room specifically for the boots, the snowpants, the piles of mittens and the endless hats.  And then there's the gigantic foul smelling hockey bag...
Santa, I need help.

Here is my kitchen floor on any given day from December through April...

Below is the organization system I currently have that I thought would suffice.  Somehow my kitchen looks nothing like this.

Santa, I think I need something a little more heavy duty, such as this.  I like how it's all enclosed.

I would even settle for a slightly upgraded version of what I have.  More hooks are essential for these kids and their coats.

Now we're talking- a full on locker room would be ideal.

Oh yeah...

 Santa, don't you have any elves that work at HGTV in the off season that might be willing to help a Mom out?  

Truthfully, I think this is all it might take.  

Mr. C, don't be surprised if you get a Santa hat for Christmas.  And a nail gun.  And a can of paint.  And about 20 hooks.


No comments:

Post a Comment