Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Picture Day

It's the end of September and hopefully all your kids have settled nicely into their school routines.  Around here, it's pre-school picture day and typically it's not a day I care too much about.  I don't put my kids in special outfits and make sure their hair is styled in a particular way, but should I be concerned that my little guy drew all over his face last night with a red Sharpie because he "wanted to look like he was wearing glasses for his picture?"  
Hmmm...

Why don't I care about this?  
Should I even care about this?  
 Is it because secretly I think it's kinda funny?  
Last night Mr. C went slightly (just slightly) ballistic when Cooper appeared after we thought he was in bed only to show up 30 minutes later with a face that was reminiscent of an African warrior.  I tried to ignore it, yet Mr. C acted strangely shocked about the whole situation.  If it had been my oldest child  that pulled this stunt I certainly would have been shocked, probably a little mortified, but now, it's kind of whatever.  I mean, it's gonna wash off.  
In about a week.  Who cares?

I know we are going to look back on this class photo and chuckle about how he crept around the corner while we were watching Parenthood (how appropriate) and revealed his masterpiece- all over his face. This morning his teacher stifled a gafaw when he walked into the classroom all confident with a swagger in his step and his new, red Sharpie glasses.


Have your kids ever done anything like this?
Tell me a story and please make me feel better for not caring about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment