Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Birthday

Christian Harry Codding!!!



Eight years ago today you entered this world with more force, gusto, guts, glory and volume than I knew was humanly possible in an 8 lb. 10 oz. body.  You narrowly escaped being born on a rural highway in the middle of the night, only to shock our doctor and all of the nurses on duty by exploding into the world five minutes after arriving at the hospital.  The car was still running outside the front door of the emergency entrance.

"Wow.  This one has some lungs," the nurse said in a matter of fact tone of voice after you officially made your entrance.  And there you were- 
rosy, round, and starving.  
My beautiful baby boy.


You were named for our dear friend Christian who passed away three years earlier.  He never knew you, but there is something about the original Christian that we believe lives inside of you.  We used to call him "C-Money" and when your Godfather held you for the first time he said, "It's C-Mini".  Mini morphed into Tiny, and Tiny C you have become.




But there is nothing tiny about you.  
You are a big personality with big ideas, and even bigger dreams.  You are smart, handsome, industrious, and sassy.  You are wise beyond your years.  And may I add incredibly sensitive, brave, and kind.  You seek approval, acceptance, affection and admiration from those around you, and typically, you get it.  In the situations where you don't, I know you will learn how.
Patience, my boy.  
Patience.

That is one thing you have definitely taught me.  You look at me with your green eyes and freckled nose and beg me to be patient with you, to understand you.  And I want you to know that I do- much more than you know.  You have taught me so much in your eight years- most importantly how to love big, live big, and to grab everyday like it's your last.  
You are amazing boy and I am so proud of you; so proud you're mine.
Happy Birthday!!
I LOVE YOU!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment