Friday, June 17, 2011

Whirlwind


Whew! 
 We made it through Week #1 and I gotta say it was great.  Exhausting, frantic, frenetic, great.  It's been a serious merry go round of a week that has made me dizzy, wondering if I am in the right place at the right time, with the right kid. 
The tutor just left.  One kid hit the golf course (am I picking them up??), another is waiting for his ride to a birthday party (did I get the right gift wrapped because we have another party tomorrow?), and the littlest guy is still buzzing around in his jammies.  I think I showered yesterday but I'm not really sure- can't remember that many steps ago.  Sundress.  Ponytail.  Tenth cup of coffee.  Round and round we go....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight we've called in the relief squad so we can catch a little adult time.  We're heading to Mill Valley Kitchen (I must say I am a little dubious about a Midwestern restaurant that names itself after one of my favorite towns in California, but whatever.  I'm up for it) with three other couples to send our friend Pearl and her family off to the coast of Maine for six weeks.  Cocktails, dinner, bonfire at another friends house late night.  Why the hell would she ever want to go to Maine??  She's a transplant with only a few years under her belt here, she'll learn.

Sunday.  Father's Day. 
 I always get a little nervous.  Mr. C has lots of expectations and none all at the same time.  It sounds weird, but he likes to do nothing at home on his day but he expects a lot of attention, as he should.  Hopefully we can pull it off this year- he's been disappointed in the past.  He wants to BBQ three meals in one day- should I just get him a bag of Kingsford with a big bow on it and wish him the best for the day?  Me and the boys better stop eating now so that we can enjoy the meat party that is sure to take over our house on Sunday...what can one possibly BBQ for breakfast??  I'm sure we'll come up with something for our special guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment