Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Abundance of Crumbs


My garden steps
In the words of one of my favorite bloggers, Peevish Mama, I apologize for giving you crumbs lately.  After the longest feeling winter on record, spring has FINALLY sprung which means writing gives way to soccer and baseball games, gardening, backyard socializing, BBQing, and just plain old mainlining fresh air after being cooped up inside for the better part of six months.  Ahhh...I love the smell of lilacs; the lush, green canopy of trees that envelops our street and the surrounding neighborhoods; and the raging nearby creek our boys love to fish.  All these sights, sounds, and smells of spring and summer are so pronounced here in the Midwest that we sometimes forget to just sit and contemplate their beauty...we often move at record pace through this season so as not to miss a thing that might take place.  I encourage you to savor it all-  listen to the kids playing outside, the birds chirping, feel the warmth- soak it in, when of course you are not driving laps around town to various playdates, baseball practices, swim team meets, BBQ's, block parties....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First trip to Bachman's

Pots ready to be filled
 Since I have not been able to sit at my computer and write very much these days, it means my brain is swelling like Minnehaha with thoughts, ideas, and plans about a gazillion different things.  I have a load of post topics that are just waiting to come out so be patient with me in these busy months.  I will try to at least give you pictures- words might be skimpy- but this handy little iPhone Mr. C picked up for me has quite the camera (Hipstamatic rules- ya gotta get it) so stay tuned, don't abandon me.  I will do my very best to give you an abundance of crumbs throughout this glorious time of year.

The first flowers of the season

No comments:

Post a Comment