Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hipstamatic Sunshine

Cooper's Pre-School Paper Sun- taken using iPhone Hipstamatic App

Well, there's nothing like a little tornado siren to get the party started, right?  Not.  What a weird week.  I know you all are tired of me barking about the weather here, but it's pretty bizarre.  We went from chillin' with the furnace less then a week ago to full on thigh sweating humidity on Tuesday.  I was secretly begging for the AC but before I could even voice my desires Mr. C says over his shoulder on the way out the door,
"Don't even think about turning on the air conditioner today.  We've waited seven months to feel 60 degrees, please don't ruin it for me." 
 Whatever, he knows me too well. 

 By that evening the cold air mixed it up with the hot, heavy front that rolled in and Voila! we heard the first real sirens of the season. Mr C rounded up the ladies in the 'hood whose hubbies were traveling and we retreated to the basement, wine in hand, to watch the crazy green clouds pelt us with enormous hail but eventually call our bluff on the twister. 
Before ya knew it, the party was over.

Now it's the weekend and the furnace is back in action.  Tomorrow promises a touch of warmth (60 degrees!!), some wind, maybe a little hope for planting some flowers, but for now I think I will just enjoy Cooper's tissue paper sun he made at school- I know I can depend on that to keep my day bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment