Monday, May 2, 2011

Good Morning, Sunshine!

No, not quite. 
 How about good morning snow, and gray, and bare trees and no flowers and WINDCHILL! 
Okay people, I know I praise the Lord Alleluia when it comes to Minnesota, but this is ridiculous, insane, downright wrong, and I want my money back and all the nice things I have said about this place.  I am breaking up with Minnesota and there better be a serious apology along with some sort of spectacular compensation for this torturous suffering we are all being subjected to.  I wouldn't be surprised if after a few more days of this shit the damn state sees a mass exodus to anywhere USA that might be a few degrees warmer that bans down vests and allows flip-flops out of the closet.  Iowa perhaps.  South Dakota is lookin' pretty swell.  Both can brag that they have hit 70 degrees in the year 2011, but Minnesota?  What does she have to say for herself??!!  The pool is supposed to open in a matter of weeks and we had snowflakes this morning on the way to school.  When my baby was born four years ago this week it was sunny, glorious, green, and hot.  Yeah, hot. 
Steaming.



I am not demanding steamy days, but a touch of warm air and a tiny glimpse of that thing known as the sun would seriously rock my world right about now.  I am ready to shovel the pine needles out of my window boxes and replace them with pretty blooms.  I am excited to head back to Bachman's after nine months to fill in my garden that is too spooked to sprout.  I know we are hardy stock up here in these parts, but seriously, I can't take it anymore.  They say that a long, snowy winter typically gives way to a cooler spring and summer due to all the excess moisture in the ground.  With all the snow we got this winter I am feeling like we might not hit 65 degrees until August, and we all know that just won't do.  Mr C has lost his mojo with the BBQ and G&T's just don't taste the same when your teeth are chattering against the ice cubes.  My heat is still on and I am planning spring break for next year.
Pathetic.  Pathetic.
P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment