Thursday, April 14, 2011

Inspiration

Crazy, Colorful Man

by Christian Codding- age 6

African Pots

by Flynn Codding- age 8

I am going to take a moment to brag. My kids did these- Christian's in paint and Flynn's in chalk. It is amazing how much their art reflects their personalities. Christian's "Crazy, Colorful Man" is loud, layered, bold, expressive, and obviously chock full of color, just like him. Flynn's piece is subdued, controlled, restrained, perfectly "correct" and realistically shaded at every curve. I love them and they are framed in my house and I seriously admire them each day. I have yet to frame Cooper's "bubble people" pencil drawings that strangely resemble the sad creatures featured in the Zoloft commercials, but he's experimenting and we taped them all over his wall.


I am not an artist. I don't like drawing or painting and art projects were not much of an activity at home when my guys were little, which I think is why I am so in awe of what they are producing at school. How can my little jock produce such Picassoesque portraits? Where does my very literal, pragmatic son find the depth to create such an exceptional still life that it almost looks real?


They amaze me, these kids. They inspire me, these little boys. There is no end to what they can do and they are not bound by limits. Their world is wide open with possibilities, hopes and dreams, and I feel privileged that they bring me along for the ride each day.


Thanks boys, I love you.

3 comments:

  1. FYI - your "post comment" button does not work on my computer. I have to hit preview and then post comment to get it posted on your sit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to hit the Frame shop fast! Love the awesome creativity!

    ReplyDelete