Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Static


I can't tell you how many times in the last few days I have sat down at my computer and just stared at the blank screen and buzzzz...nothing but static in my head. Absolutely nothin'. No thoughts. Nada. I sit and stare and blink. My mind wanders. I begin to eavesdrop on the two men sitting next to me at Starbucks who are arguing about some conflict in their church. I think about how the hell I am going to keep my luggage to the 30 lb. limit per person for this vacation next week (shouldn't be THAT hard, right?). What am I going to make for dinner tonight to please my picky kids (no more pasta, please)? I also really need to get to Jerry's to pick up that can of WD40 for my squeaky front door. Is the insurance adjuster working on our God damn ice dam situation going to be a total asshole? I also can't forget to get the hockey skates sharpened for the God forsaken tournament this weekend- can you tell I am TOTALLY over hockey for the season?


Churning, churning, churning. Lists, lists and more lists, yet nothing substantial, nothing interesting.
Nothing you might possibly want to read about.


During daylight hours my mind just keeps buzzing from one stupid, mindless topic to another. Nighttime brings sort of a murky insomnia (not enough to get me out of bed, mind you) where words and ideas just flow through me- different blog topics, possible future career paths, new interests I would like to pursue. Morning comes and I am so drained and exhausted from my midnight brain party that the mental hangover has rendered me completely useless. I feel utterly, wholly, completely fried. Did I kill one too many brain cells in Vegas? Hope not, I need all I've got. Could it be a shift in air pressure with spring right around the corner? Maybe.
Hopefully.


BUZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment