Monday, November 22, 2010

Style in Spades

Kate and Andy Spade's New York Apartment

is this not the most warm, inviting living room?


I can only imagine the conversations that have taken place around this table...maybe they will invite me to dinner sometime



a rather subdued corner


I love that the matchbox collection was photographed- very cool


lacquer paint! I wish I had the guts to pull off something this bold-exquisite!


I have always wanted a checkerboard floor in my kitchen

check out how paintings cover every inch- it totally works!


more of that beautiful art filled entryway
I love this fun use of color and pattern- even in the powder room


Come sneak a peek into the beautiful, warm, inviting home of Kate and Andy Spade! It is layered with rich, personal details and gorgeous splashes of red, green, turquoise and brown. I love that they have literally run out of wall space for their art collection so it is beginning to snake around the doorways. This New York apartment is sophisticated yet comfortable and friendly- you just know they have had some really great parties here!


I have long admired
Kate Spade and her beautiful yet functional handbags, as well shoes, clothes and accessories. Her husband Andy (brother of David) is the creative force behind Jack Spade- the men's complement to Kate Spade. Together they are a creative force in the fashion world and their apartment seriously reflects their style, love of art, and joie de vivre. I absolutely love it!

These shots were taken by Todd Selby, the wildly talented photographer behind
The Selby.


All photos are courtesy of his amazing website of work. Check it out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment